Videonics Video Switcher - Video Mixer - Videonics MX-1
The Videonics MX-1 Digital Video Mixer is a four-input video production switcher, mixer, frame synchronizer/TBC (Time Base Correc-tor) and special effects generator. Cut, wipe, dissolve between any of four video inputs -- or use any of over 210 digital video effects. Frame synchronizer and time base corrector (TBC) insures clean transitions. Dual-field, infinite-window TBC makes output rock-solid, even if inputs have faulty time base. Unique preview screen shows miniature copies of all four inputs so you can work with just one or two monitors. Effects include freeze, black and white, negative, mosaic, paint, flip, more. Chroma key and compose features, audio mix, more. Model MX-1, NTSC (PAL model available).
- 4-Input synchronized video switcher.
- Digital synchronizer mixes video images from virtually any two sources (cameras, VCRs, live feeds, etc.).
- Dual-field Time Base Correction (TBC) automatically corrects time base to RS-170A standard.
- Professional quality video (13.5 MHz, 8-bit, 4:2:2, 4 X subcarrier oversampling). Meets FCC broadcast specifications.
- Over 200 video effects,including fade, wipes, slides, dissolve (mix), zoom, picture-in-pic-ture, picture flip, luminance and chroma key, superimpose, mosaic, strobe, picture freeze, strobe, posterization (paint), solar-ization, negative, color inverse, zoom, filter.
- Chroma key keys on any color.
- Compose "paints" a video picture. Combines lines, rectangles, and borders in any color with still or moving frames.
- Background color generator creates solid color background behind effects.
- Border color generator creates borders between wipes.
- Mix or fade audio, with video transitions or independently.
- Preview display shows all four inputs at once, at reduced frame rate (depending on how many inputs are live).
- Manual transitions using T-bar or automatic transitions (9 speeds) using Auto-Take.
- GPI trigger input.
- Sequencer memorizes and repeats user ac-tions automatically.
- S-video (Y/C) and composite (RCA-style) video inputs on all four channels and on output. Use all S, all composite, or any combination.
- Color bar and black burst generators.
Video: 4 x S-video (Y/C): Y=1 Vp-p, C=0.30 Vp-p, 75-ohm, 4-pin mini-DIN connectors 4 x composite (RCA): 1.0 Vp-p 75-ohm, RCA connectors Audio: 6 x RCA connectors, 15 k ohms GPI: Mini-jack
Video(Preview and Main): 2 x 1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohm, RCA connectors S-Video (Main): Y=1.0 Vp-p, C=0.3 Vp-p; 75 ohm, 4 pin mini-DIN connector Audio (L and R): 1 k ohms, RCA connectors Headphone: Stereo jack, 8-100 ohms, mono signal
Video: 210 (see partial list under FEATURES) Audio: Mix, fade
2 (background and border), 128 colors
Meets FCC broadcast specifications. Digital conversion: 13.5 MHz, 4:2:2, 8-bit quantization, 4 X subcarrier oversampling. Time base meets RS-170A standard. Compatible with all NTSC videos sources and tape formats. Gain: Unity S/N Ratio: 56 dB Horizontal Resolution: 400 TV lines
Frequency response: 20 Hz–20 kHz, ± 3 dB S/N ratio: 56 dB
Power: 12 VAC, 1A. 120 VAC, 60 Hz adapter incl. in US/Canada. (Other supplies available in other areas.) FCC/UL/CSA approved (non-US/Canada versions meet local regulatory standards) Dimensions: 12 x 9.5 x 3.9" (300 x 165 x 99 mm) Weight: 4 lbs. (1.8 kg) Ambient temperature: 32–104°F (0–40°C) Ambient humidity: Less than 90%